Five former BSP ministers asked to vacate houses
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has asked five former BSP ministers, including Babu Singh Kushwaha and Anant Kumar Mishra, to vacate the bungalows alloted to them as ministers within 15 days.
The Estate department served the eviction notices yesterday to former family welfare minister Khushwaha, former health minister Mishra, former dairy development minister Avadhpal Singh Yadav, former secondary education minister
Rangnath Mishra and former religious endowment minister Rajesh Tripathi, official sources said here.
The bungalows were allotted to these BSP leaders soon after they were sworn-in as ministers.
While Khushwaha and Anant Kumar Mishra had resigned taking moral responsibility for discrepancies in implementation of NRHM after murders of CMOs, Rangnath Mishra, Yadav and Tripathi resigned after Lokayukta recommendations
Khushwaha, who had recently written a letter to Chief Minister Mayawati expressing a threat to his life, presently lives next to Mayawati`s bungalow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway