Five get 7 yrs RI for unintentional killing
Basti: Five members of a family were
sentenced to seven years of rigorous imprisonment by a local
court here in a culpable homicide case.
On November 16, 2002, Ram Chander was attacked with
sticks by Hariram, his two sons Arvind and Devendra, wife
Urmila and daughter Neel over a land dispute in Mukundupur
village, prosecution sources said.
Ram Chander, who sustained serious injuries, died on his
way to a hospital.
On the basis of the charge sheet filed by police and
evidence, the court yesterday held all the accused guilty and
awarded the sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Kejriwal chides Goa CM over tainted relative
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet brings cheers for Armed forces; salary more than doubled
- Barcelona's Luis Suarez confident Lionel Messi will reverse his decision to retire
- 7th Pay Commission: Demand to push growth; modest risk to inflation
- Court orders Vijay Mallya to appear on July 29