Five get 7 yrs RI for unintentional killing
Basti: Five members of a family were
sentenced to seven years of rigorous imprisonment by a local
court here in a culpable homicide case.
On November 16, 2002, Ram Chander was attacked with
sticks by Hariram, his two sons Arvind and Devendra, wife
Urmila and daughter Neel over a land dispute in Mukundupur
village, prosecution sources said.
Ram Chander, who sustained serious injuries, died on his
way to a hospital.
On the basis of the charge sheet filed by police and
evidence, the court yesterday held all the accused guilty and
awarded the sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel