Five get 7 yrs RI for unintentional killing
Basti: Five members of a family were
sentenced to seven years of rigorous imprisonment by a local
court here in a culpable homicide case.
On November 16, 2002, Ram Chander was attacked with
sticks by Hariram, his two sons Arvind and Devendra, wife
Urmila and daughter Neel over a land dispute in Mukundupur
village, prosecution sources said.
Ram Chander, who sustained serious injuries, died on his
way to a hospital.
On the basis of the charge sheet filed by police and
evidence, the court yesterday held all the accused guilty and
awarded the sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo