Five get life term in 14-year-old murder case in UP
Gonda: A local court today sentenced five persons to life imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them in connection with a 14-year-old murder in Dharmapur village.
On July 23, 1994, Ram Gopal was brutally beaten with
sticks and rods by Munna, Tarun, Deo Narain, Milan, Kallu,
Sante and Phoolchandra over an old enmity, prosecution said.
Ram Gopal was admitted to a district hospital in Gonda
where he died during treatment.
An FIR was lodged against seven accused and later police
filed a chargesheet in the court.
The court convicted Shyam Bihari Sharma, Tarun, Deo
Narain, Kallu, Sante and Phoolchandra in the case, while Munna
and Milan were acquitted for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video