Five get life term in 14-year-old murder case in UP
Gonda: A local court today sentenced five persons to life imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them in connection with a 14-year-old murder in Dharmapur village.
On July 23, 1994, Ram Gopal was brutally beaten with
sticks and rods by Munna, Tarun, Deo Narain, Milan, Kallu,
Sante and Phoolchandra over an old enmity, prosecution said.
Ram Gopal was admitted to a district hospital in Gonda
where he died during treatment.
An FIR was lodged against seven accused and later police
filed a chargesheet in the court.
The court convicted Shyam Bihari Sharma, Tarun, Deo
Narain, Kallu, Sante and Phoolchandra in the case, while Munna
and Milan were acquitted for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea