Five get life term in 14-year-old murder case in UP
Gonda: A local court today sentenced five persons to life imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them in connection with a 14-year-old murder in Dharmapur village.
On July 23, 1994, Ram Gopal was brutally beaten with
sticks and rods by Munna, Tarun, Deo Narain, Milan, Kallu,
Sante and Phoolchandra over an old enmity, prosecution said.
Ram Gopal was admitted to a district hospital in Gonda
where he died during treatment.
An FIR was lodged against seven accused and later police
filed a chargesheet in the court.
The court convicted Shyam Bihari Sharma, Tarun, Deo
Narain, Kallu, Sante and Phoolchandra in the case, while Munna
and Milan were acquitted for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details