Five gets life term in murder case of professor in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Five persons were on Tuesday sentenced to life by a local court in the murder case of a professor, who was shot dead in 2009.
Additional District Sessions Judge Harish Tripathi sentenced the five to life imprisonment after holding them guilty of the murder under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
Justice Tripathi also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on one of the accused, Rishipal, and Rs 10,000 each on the remaining four identified as Bala, Sensarpal, Rohit and Rambhajan.
According to prosecution, Vinod Rathi, a professor in a degree college - was shot dead at Bhopa in the district on August 11, 2009.
Police had registered a case against seven people out of which two, Dhiraj and Niraj, were declared absconding by the court.
Later, the complainant and the father of the deceased, Rajkiran, was also shot dead after he recorded his statement in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- India has ability to target whole of Pakistan: Experts on AQ Khan's nuclear attack threat
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Kiran Bedi takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
- French Open 2016, Day 8: Muguruza, Rogers, Murray, Wawrinka into quarters
- Comets responsible for initiating life on planet Earth: Study