Five gram pradhan candidates held for issuing threats
Ghaziabad: Five persons contesting panchayat
elections for the post of gram pradhan from Sikrali village
have been arrested on charges of issuing life threats to each
other and breach of peace, police said.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar issued the arrest
orders after Rajesh filed a written complaint against the four
that they were allegedly threatening him.
Kumar said Lakhmi, Virender, Joginder and Delay Singh and
the complainant himself have been arrested on charges of
issuing threats to one another and breach of peace.
The five candidates were taken into custody and challaned
under section 151 of the IPC.
Another candidate Rahisuddin, contesting from Badarpur in
Loni block, has been arrested and sent to jail for his alleged
involvement in criminal acts, police said.
Meanwhile, the third phase of panchayat elections in
Simbhwali and Garhmukteshwar were held peacefully today and 72
per cent votes were registered.
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception