Five gram pradhan candidates held for issuing threats
Ghaziabad: Five persons contesting panchayat
elections for the post of gram pradhan from Sikrali village
have been arrested on charges of issuing life threats to each
other and breach of peace, police said.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar issued the arrest
orders after Rajesh filed a written complaint against the four
that they were allegedly threatening him.
Kumar said Lakhmi, Virender, Joginder and Delay Singh and
the complainant himself have been arrested on charges of
issuing threats to one another and breach of peace.
The five candidates were taken into custody and challaned
under section 151 of the IPC.
Another candidate Rahisuddin, contesting from Badarpur in
Loni block, has been arrested and sent to jail for his alleged
involvement in criminal acts, police said.
Meanwhile, the third phase of panchayat elections in
Simbhwali and Garhmukteshwar were held peacefully today and 72
per cent votes were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Ind-Ra upticks GDP forecast to 7.8%; growth on but not speedy
- Statue of Chandra Shekhar Azad vandalised in Haryana
- Fed up with heavy school bags, two students hold press meet to narrate woes - READ
- Have you seen Meher Malik's hot belly dance moves on 'Beat Pe Booty'? Watch now!
- Ravichandran Ashwin surpasses Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev in most 'Man of the Series' awards