Five gram pradhan candidates held for issuing threats
Ghaziabad: Five persons contesting panchayat
elections for the post of gram pradhan from Sikrali village
have been arrested on charges of issuing life threats to each
other and breach of peace, police said.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar issued the arrest
orders after Rajesh filed a written complaint against the four
that they were allegedly threatening him.
Kumar said Lakhmi, Virender, Joginder and Delay Singh and
the complainant himself have been arrested on charges of
issuing threats to one another and breach of peace.
The five candidates were taken into custody and challaned
under section 151 of the IPC.
Another candidate Rahisuddin, contesting from Badarpur in
Loni block, has been arrested and sent to jail for his alleged
involvement in criminal acts, police said.
Meanwhile, the third phase of panchayat elections in
Simbhwali and Garhmukteshwar were held peacefully today and 72
per cent votes were registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you