Five injured in protests in Pilibhit
Pilibhit (UP): Five persons were injured when some people went on a rampage and indulged in brick batting while protesting death of a youth allegedly in police custody in Barkhera area, officials said here on Monday.
Ram Pal (21) was detained by police two days back on
charges of eloping with a girl in Jarkalia village, they said.
Pal`s condition deteriorated yesterday after which he
was admitted to a private hospital where he died during
treatment, they said.
His father Ayodhya Prasad has alleged that his son Ram
Pal died due to police torture.
However, Superintendent of Police Ashok Raghav claimed
that Ram Pal had committed suicide.
Agitated with the incident, the villagers first pelted
stone on Crore police out-post and later ransacked the
hospital, they said.
In a bid to control the situation, police resorted to
lathicharge and fired rubber bullets in which five persons
were injured, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai