Five injured in protests in Pilibhit
Pilibhit (UP): Five persons were injured when some people went on a rampage and indulged in brick batting while protesting death of a youth allegedly in police custody in Barkhera area, officials said here on Monday.
Ram Pal (21) was detained by police two days back on
charges of eloping with a girl in Jarkalia village, they said.
Pal`s condition deteriorated yesterday after which he
was admitted to a private hospital where he died during
treatment, they said.
His father Ayodhya Prasad has alleged that his son Ram
Pal died due to police torture.
However, Superintendent of Police Ashok Raghav claimed
that Ram Pal had committed suicide.
Agitated with the incident, the villagers first pelted
stone on Crore police out-post and later ransacked the
hospital, they said.
In a bid to control the situation, police resorted to
lathicharge and fired rubber bullets in which five persons
were injured, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal