Five injured in protests in Pilibhit
Pilibhit (UP): Five persons were injured when some people went on a rampage and indulged in brick batting while protesting death of a youth allegedly in police custody in Barkhera area, officials said here on Monday.
Ram Pal (21) was detained by police two days back on
charges of eloping with a girl in Jarkalia village, they said.
Pal`s condition deteriorated yesterday after which he
was admitted to a private hospital where he died during
treatment, they said.
His father Ayodhya Prasad has alleged that his son Ram
Pal died due to police torture.
However, Superintendent of Police Ashok Raghav claimed
that Ram Pal had committed suicide.
Agitated with the incident, the villagers first pelted
stone on Crore police out-post and later ransacked the
hospital, they said.
In a bid to control the situation, police resorted to
lathicharge and fired rubber bullets in which five persons
were injured, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen