Five killed in bus-tractor collision in UP
Moradabad: Five persons were killed and 21 seriously injured when a bus rammed into a tractor trolley near Hathipur village here, police said Wednesday.
The accident occurred last night when a Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus, on way to Moradabad city, collided with the tractor at Chandausi road in
the district, DIG Moradabad B P Singh said.
"Five persons died on the spot and 21 people were seriously injured. They were taken to the nearby DDU Government hospital," he said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the incident, he said, adding that the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, as most of them could not be identified.
District Magistrate S C Sharma has announced an ex gratia of Rs 50,000 to the kin of the deceased and Rs 20,000 each to the seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16