Five killed in rains in UP
Lucknow: Two persons were killed and three others injured today in a house collapse incident following heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh even as major rivers in the state continued to show rising trend at some places.
Two youths Suman (35) and Rampyare (32) were killed and three others were injured when the roof of their house collapsed in Balrampur district on Sunday, police said.
On Sunday, the Met officials forecast heavy rains at one or two places over the state during the next 48 hours.
According to the Central Water Commission sources, river Ganga is flowing above the danger mark in Ballia and Fatehgarh which received rainfall of 15.6 and 24 mm in past 24 hours.
Yamuna river is also rising in Auraiya and Kalpi areas which received a rainfall of 60.4 and 16.2 mm respectively.
Similarly the other rivers in Uttar Pradesh like Sharda is flowing above the danger mark at Pallia Kalan (Lakhimpur Kheri), Ghagra is flowing above the danger mark at Elgin Bridge (Barabanki), Ayodhya and Turtipar areas in Ballia.
Another river Quono is flowing above the danger mark in Chandradeep Ghat (Gonda) and Mukhlispur (Santkabir Nagar), the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note