Five killed in UP boat capsize
Lucknow: A woman and four of her children were drowned when a boat capsized on Thursday in a lake near here, police said.
The boat went down in Baghar lake in Barabanki district`s Ramnagar area, on the outskirts of Lucknow.
Another child, 10-year-old Shubham, managed to swim to the shore, Superintendent of Police Abdul Hameed told IANS. All the bodies have been recovered.
The victims were identified as Gyanwati (40), Sonu (8), Priyanka (6), Anand (4) and Sipahi Lal (1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video