Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 151
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more persons died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 151 this year, health officials said on Tuesday.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said the five died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria and Siddharthanagar.
A total of 763 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 151 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'