Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 151
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more persons died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 151 this year, health officials said on Tuesday.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said the five died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria and Siddharthanagar.
A total of 763 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 151 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench