Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 151
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more persons died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 151 this year, health officials said on Tuesday.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said the five died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria and Siddharthanagar.
A total of 763 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 151 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH