Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 151
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more persons died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 151 this year, health officials said on Tuesday.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said the five died at the BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria and Siddharthanagar.
A total of 763 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 151 died.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal