Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 292
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more children died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 292 this year, health officials said on Friday.
Health officials said the five died at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria, Siddharthanagar, Kushinagar and Mahrajganj, they said.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said a total of 1,820 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 292 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16