Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 292
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more children died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 292 this year, health officials said on Friday.
Health officials said the five died at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria, Siddharthanagar, Kushinagar and Mahrajganj, they said.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said a total of 1,820 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 292 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details