Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 292
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more children died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 292 this year, health officials said on Friday.
Health officials said the five died at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria, Siddharthanagar, Kushinagar and Mahrajganj, they said.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said a total of 1,820 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 292 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?