Five more die of encephalitis; toll climbs to 292
Gorakhpur (UP): Five more children died due to encephalitis, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 292 this year, health officials said on Friday.
Health officials said the five died at BRD Medical College Hospital here yesterday. The victims hailed from Gorakhpur, Deoria, Siddharthanagar, Kushinagar and Mahrajganj, they said.
Additional Director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said a total of 1,820 encephalitis patients were admitted to hospitals in the region this year, of which 292 died.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler