Five of a family get lifer for triple murder
Muzaffarnagar: A local court today
sentenced five members of a family to life imprisonment after
finding them guilty of shooting dead a farmer and his two sons
over a land dispute here in 2005.
Special Sessions Judge Pradeep Goel convicted brothers
Ranbir and Rajender and their three sons Mumupal, Suraj and
Anuj of the murder of farmer Karan Singh and his sons Jasbir
According to the prosecution, the accused shot dead the
trio following a dispute over a farm land at Sakha Khari
village here on December 18, 2005.
Earlier, the Allahabad High Court had expressed concern
over delay in disposal of the case and directed the Sessions
Court Judge to conclude the trial within two months or appear
in person before it to explain the reasons for the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodies of 14 executed in Libya's Benghazi found: Medical Centre
- MUST WATCH: When Virat Kohli toyed with Aussie attack
- Shocking: Maoist cadre reveals how women are exploited sexually by commanders
- French police ask Nice to destroy CCTV images of attack
- India avoided adverse Brexit effect, now a safe haven: FM Jaitley