Five of a family get lifer for triple murder
Muzaffarnagar: A local court today
sentenced five members of a family to life imprisonment after
finding them guilty of shooting dead a farmer and his two sons
over a land dispute here in 2005.
Special Sessions Judge Pradeep Goel convicted brothers
Ranbir and Rajender and their three sons Mumupal, Suraj and
Anuj of the murder of farmer Karan Singh and his sons Jasbir
According to the prosecution, the accused shot dead the
trio following a dispute over a farm land at Sakha Khari
village here on December 18, 2005.
Earlier, the Allahabad High Court had expressed concern
over delay in disposal of the case and directed the Sessions
Court Judge to conclude the trial within two months or appear
in person before it to explain the reasons for the delay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre