Five of family burnt to death in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A couple and three of their children were burnt to death here, while their three other children received multiple injuries after their house caught fire under mysterious circumstances early Monday, police said.
The incident took place in Bhopa area, when Mehboob Qureshi, 50, was sleeping inside his one-room house along with his wife and six children.
"While Mehboob, his wife, two sons and a daughter - aged between four and seven - died on the spot, the couple`s three daughters were rushed to a hospital," inspector Sanjay Verma told reporters here, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the fire broke out accidentally, or the house was torched by someone. Locals allege the house was locked from outside at the time of the incident. Investigations are on," he added.
According to police, the condition of the three girls - aged between 13-20 - is serious.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals