Five of family burnt to death in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A couple and three of their children were burnt to death here, while their three other children received multiple injuries after their house caught fire under mysterious circumstances early Monday, police said.
The incident took place in Bhopa area, when Mehboob Qureshi, 50, was sleeping inside his one-room house along with his wife and six children.
"While Mehboob, his wife, two sons and a daughter - aged between four and seven - died on the spot, the couple`s three daughters were rushed to a hospital," inspector Sanjay Verma told reporters here, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the fire broke out accidentally, or the house was torched by someone. Locals allege the house was locked from outside at the time of the incident. Investigations are on," he added.
According to police, the condition of the three girls - aged between 13-20 - is serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble