Five of family burnt to death in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A couple and three of their children were burnt to death here, while their three other children received multiple injuries after their house caught fire under mysterious circumstances early Monday, police said.
The incident took place in Bhopa area, when Mehboob Qureshi, 50, was sleeping inside his one-room house along with his wife and six children.
"While Mehboob, his wife, two sons and a daughter - aged between four and seven - died on the spot, the couple`s three daughters were rushed to a hospital," inspector Sanjay Verma told reporters here, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"We are yet to ascertain whether the fire broke out accidentally, or the house was torched by someone. Locals allege the house was locked from outside at the time of the incident. Investigations are on," he added.
According to police, the condition of the three girls - aged between 13-20 - is serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive