Five of family get life term for dowry killing
Badaun: A local court here Tuesday awarded life sentence to five persons of a family in a case of dowry killing.
Additional district Judge CP Singh awarded life sentence to Arun Kumar, his mother Veervati, brothers Arvind and Satyendra and sister-in-law Poonam for killing Arun`s wife Sadhana.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 9000 each on the convicts.
According to the prosecution, Sadhana was found dead at her in-laws` house in Asafpur village under Faizganj Behta police station area on August 2, 2010. While Sadhana`s body was found in her room, the family members were missing.
An FIR in this regard was lodged by Sadhana`s father.
Ever since Sadhana was married in 2004, she was being harassed by her in-laws for a car, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city