Five of family get life term for dowry killing
Badaun: A local court here Tuesday awarded life sentence to five persons of a family in a case of dowry killing.
Additional district Judge CP Singh awarded life sentence to Arun Kumar, his mother Veervati, brothers Arvind and Satyendra and sister-in-law Poonam for killing Arun`s wife Sadhana.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 9000 each on the convicts.
According to the prosecution, Sadhana was found dead at her in-laws` house in Asafpur village under Faizganj Behta police station area on August 2, 2010. While Sadhana`s body was found in her room, the family members were missing.
An FIR in this regard was lodged by Sadhana`s father.
Ever since Sadhana was married in 2004, she was being harassed by her in-laws for a car, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum