Five perish in rain-related incidents in UP, toll rises to 166
Lucknow: As many as five persons died in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, taking the toll this monsoon to 166 even as major rivers in the state are flowing above the danger mark at several parts on their course.
While three people died in Gorakhpur, one each died in Balrampur and Allahabad districts, Relief Commissioner Office here said.
According to Central Water Commission sources, river Ganga which continued to flow close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh, Kannauj, Ankinghat (Kanpur dehat) and Kanpur has crossed the red mark at Ballia.
Ram Ganga river was flowing near the red mark at Dabri (Shahjahanpur)and Yamuna was also flowing close to the red mark at Mavi and Prayag Ghat(Mathura), they said, adding that river Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan.
River Ghaghra continued to flow above the red mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki, Ayodhya and Turtipar in Ballia and Rapti which was flowing above the red mark at Balrampur was near the danger level at Bhinga (Shrawasti), Bansi, Regauli and Birdghat and barring Bhinga it was rising elsewhere.
While the Burhi Rapti has crossed the red mark at Kakrahi in Siddharthnagar, Kunhara at Uska Bazar in Siddharthnagar, Rohin at Trimohini ghat and Quano at Chandradeep Ghat was flowing near the red mark.
Local Met office said that the south-west monsoon has been active over the state leadng to moderate to heavy rain and thundershowers at most places in the western districts and and many places in the eastern regions.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms has been - Hardoi, Kanpur-13 each, Mishrikh-11, Aligarh-10, Ankintghat-9, Kunda, Akbarpur, Aonla, Najibabad-8 each, Moradabad-7 and Badaun-6 .
Met officials forecast rain and thundershowers would occur at many places over the state while heavy rainfall would occur at one or two places in the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH