Five pilgrims killed in Etah
Etah: Five pilgrims were killed when the car in which they were travelling collided with a truck near Rajpur village under Rijore police station area here on Friday morning.
Police said the victims hailing from Tapakalan area of Firozabad district were on their way for a holy dip in the ganga when they met with the accident.
While four people died on the spot, the fifth one succumbed to injuries in hospital, police said.
The deceased have been identified as Bhure Singh (52), his son Prashant (30), Prashant`s wife (27), their religious guru (40) and the driver Rizwan (40), police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez