Five policemen hurt as villagers attack cops
Mainpuri (UP): Five policemen, including an SHO, were injured when villagers allegedly attacked a law enforcement team in Auchha area here, officials said on Sunday.
A police team went to the area to maintain law and order after two groups indulged in heated exchanges over a piece of land, they said.
The villagers allegedly attacked the police team injuring five cops, including Auchha SHO and three constables, the officials said.
An FIR was registered against over 100 villagers and 15 were arrested in connection with the violence.
The injured, including SHO Ram Parkash Verma and three constables, were admitted to a hosptial where their condition was stated to be stable.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank