Five sentenced for life in attempt to murder case in UP
Ballia: Five persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a 17-year-old attempt to murder case.
Additional District Judge Brijendra Kumar Singh also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each on the five convicts yesterday.
In November 1997, Jai Prakash Singh, Lal Babu, Surendra Singh, Sanjeet Singh and Vijay Singh opened fire on one Kisan Yadav in Bhupatpur village.
Three persons were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!