Five sentenced for life in attempt to murder case in UP
Ballia: Five persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a 17-year-old attempt to murder case.
Additional District Judge Brijendra Kumar Singh also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each on the five convicts yesterday.
In November 1997, Jai Prakash Singh, Lal Babu, Surendra Singh, Sanjeet Singh and Vijay Singh opened fire on one Kisan Yadav in Bhupatpur village.
Three persons were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him