Five sentenced for life in attempt to murder case in UP
Ballia: Five persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a 17-year-old attempt to murder case.
Additional District Judge Brijendra Kumar Singh also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each on the five convicts yesterday.
In November 1997, Jai Prakash Singh, Lal Babu, Surendra Singh, Sanjeet Singh and Vijay Singh opened fire on one Kisan Yadav in Bhupatpur village.
Three persons were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter