Five sentenced for life in attempt to murder case in UP
Ballia: Five persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court in a 17-year-old attempt to murder case.
Additional District Judge Brijendra Kumar Singh also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 each on the five convicts yesterday.
In November 1997, Jai Prakash Singh, Lal Babu, Surendra Singh, Sanjeet Singh and Vijay Singh opened fire on one Kisan Yadav in Bhupatpur village.
Three persons were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed