Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gonda: Five persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in connection with a seven-year-old murder case.
Special Magistrate Tej Bahadur Singh also imposed a penalty of Rs 20,000 each on the convicts yesterday.
The case dates back to May 19, 2003 when one Arjun Pathak was hacked to death and his relative Rakesh Kumar injured by five persons Matloob, Mabood, Ali Hasan, Ram Keval Dubey and Munnu Lal in Katra Bazar area here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says