Five sentenced to life in murder case
Gonda: Five persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in connection with a seven-year-old murder case.
Special Magistrate Tej Bahadur Singh also imposed a penalty of Rs 20,000 each on the convicts yesterday.
The case dates back to May 19, 2003 when one Arjun Pathak was hacked to death and his relative Rakesh Kumar injured by five persons Matloob, Mabood, Ali Hasan, Ram Keval Dubey and Munnu Lal in Katra Bazar area here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH