Five students arrested for killing classmate
Five engineering students were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing their classmate last year.
Pradeep Kumar Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Sunny Singh, Arbaaz Khan and Samarjeet Srivastava were arrested by Chinhat police yesterday in connection with the death of Apoorva Gupta.
Gupta, a third year B.Tech student at a private college, was taken ill while appearing in an exam on December 1 and later died in a hospital.
Gupta`s family had alleged that he was killed by his classmates.
"Initially the post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of death after which the viscera was sent for chemical analysis. The report confirmed that Gupta was poisoned,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year