Five students arrested for killing classmate
Five engineering students were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing their classmate last year.
Pradeep Kumar Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Sunny Singh, Arbaaz Khan and Samarjeet Srivastava were arrested by Chinhat police yesterday in connection with the death of Apoorva Gupta.
Gupta, a third year B.Tech student at a private college, was taken ill while appearing in an exam on December 1 and later died in a hospital.
Gupta`s family had alleged that he was killed by his classmates.
"Initially the post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of death after which the viscera was sent for chemical analysis. The report confirmed that Gupta was poisoned,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know