Five students arrested for killing classmate
Five engineering students were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing their classmate last year.
Pradeep Kumar Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Sunny Singh, Arbaaz Khan and Samarjeet Srivastava were arrested by Chinhat police yesterday in connection with the death of Apoorva Gupta.
Gupta, a third year B.Tech student at a private college, was taken ill while appearing in an exam on December 1 and later died in a hospital.
Gupta`s family had alleged that he was killed by his classmates.
"Initially the post mortem failed to ascertain the cause of death after which the viscera was sent for chemical analysis. The report confirmed that Gupta was poisoned,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire
- 14 dead due to sudden flooding in US state of West Virginia
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument
- DECODED: How 'Brexit' threatens to undermine U.S.-Britain special relationship