Five women killed in lightning strike, rain lashes UP
Lucknow: Five women were killed on Saturday after being struck by lightning in Ballia district as heavy rains lashed several parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours.
Munni Chauhan (18), Potali Devi (55), Hamid (18), Shobha (17) and Radhika Devi (40) were killed after being struck by lightning in different parts of Ballia, officials said.
According to Met department light to moderate rains occurred at isolated places over the state while heavy rains or thundershowers lashed isolated places in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Bhinga received the most rainfall at 13 cm, followed by Dudhi 8 cm, Kakardarighat, Ayodhya 4 cm each, Khalilabad, Bansi 3 cm each, Balrampur, Salempur 2 cm each, Chandauli and Mukhlispur 1 cm each.
Met department predicted rain or thundershowers at few places in the next 24 hours, and at many places over the state on July 28.
Meanwhile, according to a report of Central Water Commission, Sharda was flowing above danger mark at Paliankalan and its level was rising. The river is also flowing near danger mark in Sharda Nagar.
Ghaghra has crossed danger mark at Ayodhya and at Elgin Bridge (Barabanki) while Ramganga was flowing near danger mark in Shahjahanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan