Five women killed in lightning strike, rain lashes UP
Lucknow: Five women were killed on Saturday after being struck by lightning in Ballia district as heavy rains lashed several parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours.
Munni Chauhan (18), Potali Devi (55), Hamid (18), Shobha (17) and Radhika Devi (40) were killed after being struck by lightning in different parts of Ballia, officials said.
According to Met department light to moderate rains occurred at isolated places over the state while heavy rains or thundershowers lashed isolated places in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Bhinga received the most rainfall at 13 cm, followed by Dudhi 8 cm, Kakardarighat, Ayodhya 4 cm each, Khalilabad, Bansi 3 cm each, Balrampur, Salempur 2 cm each, Chandauli and Mukhlispur 1 cm each.
Met department predicted rain or thundershowers at few places in the next 24 hours, and at many places over the state on July 28.
Meanwhile, according to a report of Central Water Commission, Sharda was flowing above danger mark at Paliankalan and its level was rising. The river is also flowing near danger mark in Sharda Nagar.
Ghaghra has crossed danger mark at Ayodhya and at Elgin Bridge (Barabanki) while Ramganga was flowing near danger mark in Shahjahanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list