Five women killed in lightning strike, rain lashes UP
Lucknow: Five women were killed on Saturday after being struck by lightning in Ballia district as heavy rains lashed several parts of eastern Uttar Pradesh during the last 24 hours.
Munni Chauhan (18), Potali Devi (55), Hamid (18), Shobha (17) and Radhika Devi (40) were killed after being struck by lightning in different parts of Ballia, officials said.
According to Met department light to moderate rains occurred at isolated places over the state while heavy rains or thundershowers lashed isolated places in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Bhinga received the most rainfall at 13 cm, followed by Dudhi 8 cm, Kakardarighat, Ayodhya 4 cm each, Khalilabad, Bansi 3 cm each, Balrampur, Salempur 2 cm each, Chandauli and Mukhlispur 1 cm each.
Met department predicted rain or thundershowers at few places in the next 24 hours, and at many places over the state on July 28.
Meanwhile, according to a report of Central Water Commission, Sharda was flowing above danger mark at Paliankalan and its level was rising. The river is also flowing near danger mark in Sharda Nagar.
Ghaghra has crossed danger mark at Ayodhya and at Elgin Bridge (Barabanki) while Ramganga was flowing near danger mark in Shahjahanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar