Flood alert in western UP
Muzaffarnagar: A flood alert has been
sounded in three districts of western Uttar Pradesh where the
river Ganga is flowing above danger level after water was
discharged into it from Haridwar.
The flood alert has been issued in Muzaffarnagar,
Bijnore and Meerut by the state chief secretary Atul Kumar
Meanwhile, the District Magistrate Santosh Kumar today
said that outpost of Purkazi and Shukartal areas in the
district have also been put on alert.
He directed the administration to take all possible
measures to evacuate people in case low-lying areas are
inundated by the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!