Flood situation grim in UP, light rains in North
New Delhi: The rising water level in major rivers in Uttar Pradesh has created flood like situation in several districts, including Allahabad where people are moving to safer areas, while rest of North India today received light to moderate rains.
In the national capital, the weather was, however, hot and sultry with humidity remaining on the higher side.
The day temperature, which settled at 36.7 degree Celsius, was three notches above the normal, while the minimum temperature was recorded at 26.1 deg C, which is normal for this part of the year, MeT officials said.
Humidity oscillated between 53 and 94 per cent, making Delhiites sweat throughout the day.
The weatherman has predicted cloudy sky and very light rains in some parts of the city tomorrow.
With the major rivers flowing above danger mark in Uttar Pradesh, the flood situation turned grim in several districts, including Allahabad and Gorakhpur.
According to relief commissioner`s office here, with both Ganga and Yamuna in spate and river water spreading to inhabited areas in Allahabad, people have started moving to safer areas.
Over 6,000 people have taken refuge in the relief camps so far, it said.
Similarly, in Gorakhpur, 35 villages of Khajni tehsil were affected of which 26 were marooned.
Met office said that the state has received light to moderate rains in the last 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm