Flood situation grim in UP, light rains in North
New Delhi: The rising water level in major rivers in Uttar Pradesh has created flood like situation in several districts, including Allahabad where people are moving to safer areas, while rest of North India today received light to moderate rains.
In the national capital, the weather was, however, hot and sultry with humidity remaining on the higher side.
The day temperature, which settled at 36.7 degree Celsius, was three notches above the normal, while the minimum temperature was recorded at 26.1 deg C, which is normal for this part of the year, MeT officials said.
Humidity oscillated between 53 and 94 per cent, making Delhiites sweat throughout the day.
The weatherman has predicted cloudy sky and very light rains in some parts of the city tomorrow.
With the major rivers flowing above danger mark in Uttar Pradesh, the flood situation turned grim in several districts, including Allahabad and Gorakhpur.
According to relief commissioner`s office here, with both Ganga and Yamuna in spate and river water spreading to inhabited areas in Allahabad, people have started moving to safer areas.
Over 6,000 people have taken refuge in the relief camps so far, it said.
Similarly, in Gorakhpur, 35 villages of Khajni tehsil were affected of which 26 were marooned.
Met office said that the state has received light to moderate rains in the last 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling