Flood situation grim in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Flood situation remained grim in Uttar Pradesh with water level of major rivers, including Ganga and Yamuna, continue to rise along their course.
Water level of the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Sharda, Ghaghra, Rapti and Kuanon continue to rise at several places in the state, officials said.
Mavi Satpudha Dam breached on the left bank of the Yamuna river in Shamali district yesterday and efforts were on to plug it with the help of locals, he said.
Some areas in Saharanpur city were still water submerged, while the rail traffic on the Saharanpur- Ambala route was disrupted due to water.
Laksar road in Muzaffarnagar remained disrupted, the spokesman said, adding that in Bijnore, water level of the tributaries of the Ganga was rising.
Relief and rescue operations continue on war footing and people were being shifted to safer places in Lakhimpur Kheri, Bahraich and Farrukhabad districts, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem