Flood situation grim in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Flood situation remained grim in Uttar Pradesh with water level of major rivers, including Ganga and Yamuna, continue to rise along their course.
Water level of the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Sharda, Ghaghra, Rapti and Kuanon continue to rise at several places in the state, officials said.
Mavi Satpudha Dam breached on the left bank of the Yamuna river in Shamali district yesterday and efforts were on to plug it with the help of locals, he said.
Some areas in Saharanpur city were still water submerged, while the rail traffic on the Saharanpur- Ambala route was disrupted due to water.
Laksar road in Muzaffarnagar remained disrupted, the spokesman said, adding that in Bijnore, water level of the tributaries of the Ganga was rising.
Relief and rescue operations continue on war footing and people were being shifted to safer places in Lakhimpur Kheri, Bahraich and Farrukhabad districts, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!