Flood situation grim in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Flood situation remained grim in Uttar Pradesh with water level of major rivers, including Ganga and Yamuna, continue to rise along their course.
Water level of the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Sharda, Ghaghra, Rapti and Kuanon continue to rise at several places in the state, officials said.
Mavi Satpudha Dam breached on the left bank of the Yamuna river in Shamali district yesterday and efforts were on to plug it with the help of locals, he said.
Some areas in Saharanpur city were still water submerged, while the rail traffic on the Saharanpur- Ambala route was disrupted due to water.
Laksar road in Muzaffarnagar remained disrupted, the spokesman said, adding that in Bijnore, water level of the tributaries of the Ganga was rising.
Relief and rescue operations continue on war footing and people were being shifted to safer places in Lakhimpur Kheri, Bahraich and Farrukhabad districts, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter