Fog envelops Lucknow
Lucknow: A dense blanket of fog enveloped the state capital Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has, however, said it will be sunny here after noon.
The maximum temperature Tuesday was 22.4 degrees Celsius - two degrees below normal. The mercury touched 6.9 degrees Celsius in the night, which is one notch below normal. Residents felt the winter chill as icy winds swept the city.
The weather office has forecast slight to moderate rainfall in the eastern parts of the state till Thursday morning.
Several trains were delayed due to dense fog and poor visibility. Flights were also delayed and have been rescheduled for noon, while the morning flights have been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn