Fog envelops Lucknow
Lucknow: A dense blanket of fog enveloped the state capital Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has, however, said it will be sunny here after noon.
The maximum temperature Tuesday was 22.4 degrees Celsius - two degrees below normal. The mercury touched 6.9 degrees Celsius in the night, which is one notch below normal. Residents felt the winter chill as icy winds swept the city.
The weather office has forecast slight to moderate rainfall in the eastern parts of the state till Thursday morning.
Several trains were delayed due to dense fog and poor visibility. Flights were also delayed and have been rescheduled for noon, while the morning flights have been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi