Fog envelops Lucknow
Lucknow: A dense blanket of fog enveloped the state capital Wednesday morning.
The Met Office has, however, said it will be sunny here after noon.
The maximum temperature Tuesday was 22.4 degrees Celsius - two degrees below normal. The mercury touched 6.9 degrees Celsius in the night, which is one notch below normal. Residents felt the winter chill as icy winds swept the city.
The weather office has forecast slight to moderate rainfall in the eastern parts of the state till Thursday morning.
Several trains were delayed due to dense fog and poor visibility. Flights were also delayed and have been rescheduled for noon, while the morning flights have been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested