Fog hits train services, flights in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Even as the sun shone bright and mercury climbed a few notches on New Year`s Day here, dense fog on the outskirts delayed a dozen trains and led to cancellation of five Tuesday.
The trains cancelled include Bareilly-Allahabad Express, Chandigarh Express Special and Janta Express, a railway official said.
Many trains continue to run late by several hours.
Flights too have been disrupted. On Monday evening, two Indigo flights were cancelled due to poor visibility.
Airport officials said flight (6E-446) from Mumbai, which was to arrive here 7.30 p.m., was cancelled. A late evening flight from here to New Delhi (6E-449) was also cancelled due to fog.
A Met Department official predicted warmer day temperatures but colder nights and said cold waves were likely to return in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!