Fog hits train services, flights in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Even as the sun shone bright and mercury climbed a few notches on New Year`s Day here, dense fog on the outskirts delayed a dozen trains and led to cancellation of five Tuesday.
The trains cancelled include Bareilly-Allahabad Express, Chandigarh Express Special and Janta Express, a railway official said.
Many trains continue to run late by several hours.
Flights too have been disrupted. On Monday evening, two Indigo flights were cancelled due to poor visibility.
Airport officials said flight (6E-446) from Mumbai, which was to arrive here 7.30 p.m., was cancelled. A late evening flight from here to New Delhi (6E-449) was also cancelled due to fog.
A Met Department official predicted warmer day temperatures but colder nights and said cold waves were likely to return in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor