Fog hits train services, flights in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Even as the sun shone bright and mercury climbed a few notches on New Year`s Day here, dense fog on the outskirts delayed a dozen trains and led to cancellation of five Tuesday.
The trains cancelled include Bareilly-Allahabad Express, Chandigarh Express Special and Janta Express, a railway official said.
Many trains continue to run late by several hours.
Flights too have been disrupted. On Monday evening, two Indigo flights were cancelled due to poor visibility.
Airport officials said flight (6E-446) from Mumbai, which was to arrive here 7.30 p.m., was cancelled. A late evening flight from here to New Delhi (6E-449) was also cancelled due to fog.
A Met Department official predicted warmer day temperatures but colder nights and said cold waves were likely to return in the coming days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!