Following his father’s footsteps, Sanjay Dutt to join Congress?
Mumbai: Suggesting that he would be keen to return campaigning for his father’s party Congress, Sanjay Dutt tried to bury the hatchet and was also repentant on joining the Samajwadi Party in 2009.
"It was a mistake on my part to join Samajwadi Party. Inside my heart I am a Congress man... always with the Congress," Sanjay Dutt said.
However, he was positive about the whole experience on a personal note as he could explore parts of the country he otherwise would not have known existed. The actor openly accepted his mistake of joining the SP and also said that politician Amar Singh had never persuaded him to join the party but was rather reluctant on the move.
"It was a mistake, nobody forced me. I am out of it. But people of Uttar Pradesh gave me a lot of respect," Dutt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery