Following his father’s footsteps, Sanjay Dutt to join Congress?
Mumbai: Suggesting that he would be keen to return campaigning for his father’s party Congress, Sanjay Dutt tried to bury the hatchet and was also repentant on joining the Samajwadi Party in 2009.
"It was a mistake on my part to join Samajwadi Party. Inside my heart I am a Congress man... always with the Congress," Sanjay Dutt said.
However, he was positive about the whole experience on a personal note as he could explore parts of the country he otherwise would not have known existed. The actor openly accepted his mistake of joining the SP and also said that politician Amar Singh had never persuaded him to join the party but was rather reluctant on the move.
"It was a mistake, nobody forced me. I am out of it. But people of Uttar Pradesh gave me a lot of respect," Dutt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!