Following his father’s footsteps, Sanjay Dutt to join Congress?
Mumbai: Suggesting that he would be keen to return campaigning for his father’s party Congress, Sanjay Dutt tried to bury the hatchet and was also repentant on joining the Samajwadi Party in 2009.
"It was a mistake on my part to join Samajwadi Party. Inside my heart I am a Congress man... always with the Congress," Sanjay Dutt said.
However, he was positive about the whole experience on a personal note as he could explore parts of the country he otherwise would not have known existed. The actor openly accepted his mistake of joining the SP and also said that politician Amar Singh had never persuaded him to join the party but was rather reluctant on the move.
"It was a mistake, nobody forced me. I am out of it. But people of Uttar Pradesh gave me a lot of respect," Dutt said.
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'
- Arvind Kejriwal questions PM Narendra Modi's qualification, report claims he scored 62.3% in MA
- WATCH: When Virat Kohli applauded David Warner's 'helicopter' shot during SRH-RCB match
- Uttarakhand forest fire: WATCH - How IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Bhimtal lake to spray it over affected areas
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama