Food and Civil supplies dept allocated to Akhilesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil supplies department, which was held by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, has been allocated to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
"After acceptance of Raja Bhaiya`s resignation, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today allocated his department to the Chief Minister," an official release said here.
Yadav is already holding portfolios of 66 departments, including home, personnel, planning, excise and sports.
Raja Bhaiya resigned on Monday after he was booked for criminal conspiracy in the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district.
Zia, posted as Circle Officer at Kunda town, was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
An FIR was filed against Raja Bhaiya under Section 120B IPC (criminal conspiracy) following a complaint by the slain officer`s wife Parveen Azad in Kunda police station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS