Food and Civil supplies dept allocated to Akhilesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil supplies department, which was held by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, has been allocated to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
"After acceptance of Raja Bhaiya`s resignation, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today allocated his department to the Chief Minister," an official release said here.
Yadav is already holding portfolios of 66 departments, including home, personnel, planning, excise and sports.
Raja Bhaiya resigned on Monday after he was booked for criminal conspiracy in the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district.
Zia, posted as Circle Officer at Kunda town, was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
An FIR was filed against Raja Bhaiya under Section 120B IPC (criminal conspiracy) following a complaint by the slain officer`s wife Parveen Azad in Kunda police station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption