Food and Civil supplies dept allocated to Akhilesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil supplies department, which was held by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, has been allocated to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
"After acceptance of Raja Bhaiya`s resignation, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today allocated his department to the Chief Minister," an official release said here.
Yadav is already holding portfolios of 66 departments, including home, personnel, planning, excise and sports.
Raja Bhaiya resigned on Monday after he was booked for criminal conspiracy in the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district.
Zia, posted as Circle Officer at Kunda town, was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
An FIR was filed against Raja Bhaiya under Section 120B IPC (criminal conspiracy) following a complaint by the slain officer`s wife Parveen Azad in Kunda police station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?