Food and Civil supplies dept allocated to Akhilesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Food and Civil supplies department, which was held by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, has been allocated to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
"After acceptance of Raja Bhaiya`s resignation, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today allocated his department to the Chief Minister," an official release said here.
Yadav is already holding portfolios of 66 departments, including home, personnel, planning, excise and sports.
Raja Bhaiya resigned on Monday after he was booked for criminal conspiracy in the killing of DSP Zia-ul-Haq in Pratapgarh district.
Zia, posted as Circle Officer at Kunda town, was killed by a mob in Pratapgarh on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
An FIR was filed against Raja Bhaiya under Section 120B IPC (criminal conspiracy) following a complaint by the slain officer`s wife Parveen Azad in Kunda police station yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them