Foreign liquor worth over Rs 20 lakh seized
Mathura: Foreign liquor worth over Rs 20 lakh, which was being smuggled from Haryana, was seized from a truck in Farah area near here on Sunday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, the sleuths of the Excise Department intercepted the truck near Mahuvan toll barrier and recovered the liquor stored in 775 boxes, they said.
Further probes are on, police added.
The department had also recovered imported liquor worth Rs 16 lakh from the same area yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP