Foreign NGO using media to defame me: Asaram Bapu
Ballia (UP): Spiritual guru Asaram Bapu on Wednesday alleged that a foreign NGO was running a campaign to defame him and other religious leaders using money power and media.
"(In exchange) of money being given by a foreign NGO, the media is spreading absurd stories (about spiritual leaders)," Bapu told reporters here.
The spiritual leader was recently caught in a controversy over his reported comment that the Delhi gangrape victim was herself responsible for the incident.
Talking to reporters today, Bapu, however, denied having made those remarks and claimed that those involved in distorting his words were all associated with a foreign NGO which he did not name.
"If anyone can prove that I held the girl responsible for the rape, I will give him Rs 50 lakh," the spiritual guru said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016