Foreign NGO using media to defame me: Asaram Bapu
Ballia (UP): Spiritual guru Asaram Bapu on Wednesday alleged that a foreign NGO was running a campaign to defame him and other religious leaders using money power and media.
"(In exchange) of money being given by a foreign NGO, the media is spreading absurd stories (about spiritual leaders)," Bapu told reporters here.
The spiritual leader was recently caught in a controversy over his reported comment that the Delhi gangrape victim was herself responsible for the incident.
Talking to reporters today, Bapu, however, denied having made those remarks and claimed that those involved in distorting his words were all associated with a foreign NGO which he did not name.
"If anyone can prove that I held the girl responsible for the rape, I will give him Rs 50 lakh," the spiritual guru said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!