Foreign NGO using media to defame me: Asaram Bapu
Ballia (UP): Spiritual guru Asaram Bapu on Wednesday alleged that a foreign NGO was running a campaign to defame him and other religious leaders using money power and media.
"(In exchange) of money being given by a foreign NGO, the media is spreading absurd stories (about spiritual leaders)," Bapu told reporters here.
The spiritual leader was recently caught in a controversy over his reported comment that the Delhi gangrape victim was herself responsible for the incident.
Talking to reporters today, Bapu, however, denied having made those remarks and claimed that those involved in distorting his words were all associated with a foreign NGO which he did not name.
"If anyone can prove that I held the girl responsible for the rape, I will give him Rs 50 lakh," the spiritual guru said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import
- India seeks Iraq help in release of abducted Indians
- No more at risk! Three rare Channel island fox subspecies removed from endangered list