Foreign NGO using media to defame me: Asaram Bapu
Ballia (UP): Spiritual guru Asaram Bapu on Wednesday alleged that a foreign NGO was running a campaign to defame him and other religious leaders using money power and media.
"(In exchange) of money being given by a foreign NGO, the media is spreading absurd stories (about spiritual leaders)," Bapu told reporters here.
The spiritual leader was recently caught in a controversy over his reported comment that the Delhi gangrape victim was herself responsible for the incident.
Talking to reporters today, Bapu, however, denied having made those remarks and claimed that those involved in distorting his words were all associated with a foreign NGO which he did not name.
"If anyone can prove that I held the girl responsible for the rape, I will give him Rs 50 lakh," the spiritual guru said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days