Forest officer kills self in Banda
Banda: Depressed after being diagnosed with cancer a few months back, a forest officer shot himself dead here Wednesday, police said.
Satya Swaroop Srivastava, 50, committed suicide at his official residence.
"He shot himself using his licensed revolver. He died on the spot," Deputy Superintendent of Police Gyanendra Kumar told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Though no suicide note has been recovered, preliminary investigations reveal the officer was suffering from acute depression ever since he was diagnosed with cancer of the throat a few months ago," he added.
According to police, Srivastava often told his colleagues that life was a burden for him and that he may end it.
"At the time of the incident, Srivatsava`s family was in Lucknow. His servant said that while he was preparing tea, he heard a gunshot and rushed to his room, where he found Srivastava lying in a pool of blood," said Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs