Forest officer kills self in Banda
Banda: Depressed after being diagnosed with cancer a few months back, a forest officer shot himself dead here Wednesday, police said.
Satya Swaroop Srivastava, 50, committed suicide at his official residence.
"He shot himself using his licensed revolver. He died on the spot," Deputy Superintendent of Police Gyanendra Kumar told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from Lucknow.
"Though no suicide note has been recovered, preliminary investigations reveal the officer was suffering from acute depression ever since he was diagnosed with cancer of the throat a few months ago," he added.
According to police, Srivastava often told his colleagues that life was a burden for him and that he may end it.
"At the time of the incident, Srivatsava`s family was in Lucknow. His servant said that while he was preparing tea, he heard a gunshot and rushed to his room, where he found Srivastava lying in a pool of blood," said Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly