Forgive me for being mute to Mulayam-Kalyan friendship: Amar
Lucknow: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh on Monday sought forgiveness from the Muslims for being
a mute spectator to his former party chief Mulayam Singh
Yadav`s friendship with Kalyan Singh, who is "responsible for
the Babri mosque demolition".
"I am a culprit of the Muslim community and ask them to
forgive me as I had been a mute spectator to Mulayam`s
friendship with Kalyan and induction of his son Rajveer in his
cabinet," Singh said here at a symposium on `Present situation
in the country and Muslims` organised by Quami Rabta Council.
Singh said if Yadav was a real sympathiser of the
community, he should announce that after 2012 state assembly
elections he or his son would not become the chief minister
and put forth the name of some Muslim for the post.
He said if Muslims wanted to improve their condition in
the society, they should not run after political outfits but
prepare their own leadership.
On his bete noire Azam Khan, Singh said that Khan should
not forget that it was he who came to his defence when once
Yadav was "scolding him like his servant".
Amar also claimed that in 2003, Yadav became the chief
minister of Uttar Pradesh not because he got support of the
people but because of his "kalakari" (art).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'