Former bar association president shot dead
Agra: A former president of a local Bar Association was shot dead allegedly by bike-borne assailants on the Gothra-Baseri road.
Kedar Singh (60) was killed last evening by masked assailants near Rasulpur village while he was on his way to Kiraoli town, police said today.
According to police sources, the armed bikers intercepted Singh and a companion, both of whom were on a bike, and then dragged him to a nearby field where they shot him.
Police said that Singh was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed to his injuries on the way.
A land dispute was suspected to be the reason behind the murder.
Sigh was the former president of the Kiraoli town Bar Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!