Former BSP minister booked on rape charges
Etah: A case was lodged against a former BSP minister and four of his kins for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here, police said on Saturday.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav, the former Animal Husbandry minister in the BSP regime, has been charged with abducting and raping a woman, identified as Manisha of Kasauliya village on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20, they said.
Earlier, the girl had complained to the State Women Commission in this regard following which the senior superintendent of police, Etah was directed to probe the allegations and submit his report before October 3.
The girl in her complaint submitted with the SWC had alleged that the former minister and his son Ranjeet exploited her while she was working at Awadhpal`s house as domestic aid, they said.
She alleged that Ranjit also clicked her objectionable pictures while accusing Awadhpal`s brother MLC Chandra Pratap Singh of assault and using casteist words.
Awadhpal, who was Dairy Development Minister in BSP government, was sacked by the then Chief Minister Mayawati on the report of Lokayukta against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?