Former BSP minister booked on rape charges
Etah: A case was lodged against a former BSP minister and four of his kins for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here, police said on Saturday.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav, the former Animal Husbandry minister in the BSP regime, has been charged with abducting and raping a woman, identified as Manisha of Kasauliya village on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20, they said.
Earlier, the girl had complained to the State Women Commission in this regard following which the senior superintendent of police, Etah was directed to probe the allegations and submit his report before October 3.
The girl in her complaint submitted with the SWC had alleged that the former minister and his son Ranjeet exploited her while she was working at Awadhpal`s house as domestic aid, they said.
She alleged that Ranjit also clicked her objectionable pictures while accusing Awadhpal`s brother MLC Chandra Pratap Singh of assault and using casteist words.
Awadhpal, who was Dairy Development Minister in BSP government, was sacked by the then Chief Minister Mayawati on the report of Lokayukta against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President