Former BSP minister booked on rape charges
Etah: A case was lodged against a former BSP minister and four of his kins for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here, police said on Saturday.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav, the former Animal Husbandry minister in the BSP regime, has been charged with abducting and raping a woman, identified as Manisha of Kasauliya village on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20, they said.
Earlier, the girl had complained to the State Women Commission in this regard following which the senior superintendent of police, Etah was directed to probe the allegations and submit his report before October 3.
The girl in her complaint submitted with the SWC had alleged that the former minister and his son Ranjeet exploited her while she was working at Awadhpal`s house as domestic aid, they said.
She alleged that Ranjit also clicked her objectionable pictures while accusing Awadhpal`s brother MLC Chandra Pratap Singh of assault and using casteist words.
Awadhpal, who was Dairy Development Minister in BSP government, was sacked by the then Chief Minister Mayawati on the report of Lokayukta against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof