Former BSP minister charged of rape, surrenders
Etah (UP): A former BSP minister, who was evading arrest for last over two months after being charged of rape, on Thursday surrendered before a local court.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav surrendered this morning before additional chief judicial magistrate (ACJM) Pratibha Saxena here.
Yadav and four of his kins were booked on October 6 for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here.
The former animal husbandry minister in the previous BSP government in UP was charged with abducting and raping the woman on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20.
The state women commission had also taken a note of the incident and mediated on the issue.
Yadav was later released on a bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal