Former BSP minister charged of rape, surrenders
Etah (UP): A former BSP minister, who was evading arrest for last over two months after being charged of rape, on Thursday surrendered before a local court.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav surrendered this morning before additional chief judicial magistrate (ACJM) Pratibha Saxena here.
Yadav and four of his kins were booked on October 6 for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here.
The former animal husbandry minister in the previous BSP government in UP was charged with abducting and raping the woman on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20.
The state women commission had also taken a note of the incident and mediated on the issue.
Yadav was later released on a bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad