Former BSP minister charged of rape, surrenders
Etah (UP): A former BSP minister, who was evading arrest for last over two months after being charged of rape, on Thursday surrendered before a local court.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav surrendered this morning before additional chief judicial magistrate (ACJM) Pratibha Saxena here.
Yadav and four of his kins were booked on October 6 for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here.
The former animal husbandry minister in the previous BSP government in UP was charged with abducting and raping the woman on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20.
The state women commission had also taken a note of the incident and mediated on the issue.
Yadav was later released on a bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country