Former BSP minister charged of rape, surrenders
Etah (UP): A former BSP minister, who was evading arrest for last over two months after being charged of rape, on Thursday surrendered before a local court.
Avadhpal Singh Yadav surrendered this morning before additional chief judicial magistrate (ACJM) Pratibha Saxena here.
Yadav and four of his kins were booked on October 6 for allegedly raping a woman in Aliganj area near here.
The former animal husbandry minister in the previous BSP government in UP was charged with abducting and raping the woman on June 4 and thereafter on September 19 and 20.
The state women commission had also taken a note of the incident and mediated on the issue.
Yadav was later released on a bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics