Former BSP MLA threatens executive engineer of UP power corporation
Muzaffarnagar: A former Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from Bijnor has allegedly threatened an executive engineer of UP Power Corporation with dire consequences if the Rs 3.67 crore worth Recovery Certificates against his factory are not withdrawn, police said on Thursday.
The executive engineer V N Singh has alleged that Shahnawaz Rana has threatened him to withdraw the Recovery Certificates, Superintendent of Police Crime Kalpana Saxena told reporters here today.
The allegations are being investigated, police said.
Shahnawaz, who is now a party member of the ruling Samajwadi Party is the owner of a steel factory that has defaulted on payment of its electricity bills worth Rs 3.67 crore, they said.
Meanwhile, Shahnawaz, who is the nephew of sitting MLA from Muzaffarnagar Noor Salim Rana, has denied the allegation, police added.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day