Former BSP MLA threatens executive engineer of UP power corporation
Muzaffarnagar: A former Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from Bijnor has allegedly threatened an executive engineer of UP Power Corporation with dire consequences if the Rs 3.67 crore worth Recovery Certificates against his factory are not withdrawn, police said on Thursday.
The executive engineer V N Singh has alleged that Shahnawaz Rana has threatened him to withdraw the Recovery Certificates, Superintendent of Police Crime Kalpana Saxena told reporters here today.
The allegations are being investigated, police said.
Shahnawaz, who is now a party member of the ruling Samajwadi Party is the owner of a steel factory that has defaulted on payment of its electricity bills worth Rs 3.67 crore, they said.
Meanwhile, Shahnawaz, who is the nephew of sitting MLA from Muzaffarnagar Noor Salim Rana, has denied the allegation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires