Former BSP MLA threatens executive engineer of UP power corporation
Muzaffarnagar: A former Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from Bijnor has allegedly threatened an executive engineer of UP Power Corporation with dire consequences if the Rs 3.67 crore worth Recovery Certificates against his factory are not withdrawn, police said on Thursday.
The executive engineer V N Singh has alleged that Shahnawaz Rana has threatened him to withdraw the Recovery Certificates, Superintendent of Police Crime Kalpana Saxena told reporters here today.
The allegations are being investigated, police said.
Shahnawaz, who is now a party member of the ruling Samajwadi Party is the owner of a steel factory that has defaulted on payment of its electricity bills worth Rs 3.67 crore, they said.
Meanwhile, Shahnawaz, who is the nephew of sitting MLA from Muzaffarnagar Noor Salim Rana, has denied the allegation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics