Former BSP MLA threatens executive engineer of UP power corporation
Muzaffarnagar: A former Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from Bijnor has allegedly threatened an executive engineer of UP Power Corporation with dire consequences if the Rs 3.67 crore worth Recovery Certificates against his factory are not withdrawn, police said on Thursday.
The executive engineer V N Singh has alleged that Shahnawaz Rana has threatened him to withdraw the Recovery Certificates, Superintendent of Police Crime Kalpana Saxena told reporters here today.
The allegations are being investigated, police said.
Shahnawaz, who is now a party member of the ruling Samajwadi Party is the owner of a steel factory that has defaulted on payment of its electricity bills worth Rs 3.67 crore, they said.
Meanwhile, Shahnawaz, who is the nephew of sitting MLA from Muzaffarnagar Noor Salim Rana, has denied the allegation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan