Former BSP MLA threatens executive engineer of UP power corporation
Muzaffarnagar: A former Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from Bijnor has allegedly threatened an executive engineer of UP Power Corporation with dire consequences if the Rs 3.67 crore worth Recovery Certificates against his factory are not withdrawn, police said on Thursday.
The executive engineer V N Singh has alleged that Shahnawaz Rana has threatened him to withdraw the Recovery Certificates, Superintendent of Police Crime Kalpana Saxena told reporters here today.
The allegations are being investigated, police said.
Shahnawaz, who is now a party member of the ruling Samajwadi Party is the owner of a steel factory that has defaulted on payment of its electricity bills worth Rs 3.67 crore, they said.
Meanwhile, Shahnawaz, who is the nephew of sitting MLA from Muzaffarnagar Noor Salim Rana, has denied the allegation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened