Former MHA official is UP principal secretary
Lucknow: Senior IAS officer Sada Kant,
who was prematurely repatriated to his home cadre from central
deputation following allegations of corruption, was on Tuesday
posted as principal secretary of social welfare department by
the Uttar Pradesh government.
"Sada Kant, who was on the waiting list, has been
posted as principal secretary of social welfare, women
welfare, child development and nutrition department in place
of Balwinder Kumar. Kumar has been transferred as chairman and
CEO Noida," an official spokesman said here.
Kant, a 1983 batch IAS officer, was serving the MHA as
Joint Secretary (Border Management) when he was sent back to
the parent cadre before completion of his five year central
deputation after CBI sought sanction for his questioning.
The probe agency had accused Kant of favouring a
private construction firm in a project that was undertaken by
National Project Construction Corporation.
The IAS officer was repatriated on May 20.
"The MHA gave the sanction to the CBI for questioning
the joint secretary while sending him back to his parent
cadre," a government source said.
Kant has been in central deputation since 2007 and
supposed to complete the term in 2012. Since his return from
the central deputation, the IAS officer was on the waiting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users