Former sharp shooter of Chota Rajan gang held
Lucknow: A former sharp shooter of Chota
Rajan gang was arrested here today by the Special Task Force
of Uttar Pradesh police in a joint operation with Crime
Osama alias Rahul Rai was arrested from near Badshahnagar
Railway station in Mahanagar police station area this morning
in a joint operation with Crime Branch, Mumbai, ADG law and
order Brij Lal told newspersons.
The Mumbai police had sought the help of the state
police in nabbing Osama, a former sharp shooter in Chota
Rajan`s gang who is now associated with Bharat Nepali, a
former aide of Chota Rajan, the ADG said.
The crime branch had been on a hunt for Osama, a
native of Arand village in Jaunpur district of Uttar Pradesh
in connection with the murder of Farid Tanasha, a member of
Chota Rajan`s gang at the behest of Bharat Nepali, in his
Chembur house in May this year.
Osama, who had worked for Chota Rajan in 2006, was also
wanted in the double murder committed at the Kala Ghora
sessions court, Mumbai besides an attempt to murder case in
Allahabad, the ADG said.
Osama has been taken to Mumbai, the ADG said, adding
that Bharat Nepali had disassociated with Chota Rajan to
establish his hold over the underworld and was using shooters
like Osama and others of the eastern districts of Uttar
Pradesh for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore