Former SP MLA son booked for demanding money from
Ballia: An FIR has been registered against the son of a former SP MLA for allegedly demanding money from a contractor and beating him, police said on Friday.
Rameshwar Pandey, who is a block head and son of former Samajwadi Party MLA Sanatan Pandey, allegedly demanded money and also thrashed contractor Manoj Tiwari yesterday, they said.
The FIR against Rameshwar was registered on complaint of Tiwari, they said.
The FIR also names five of Rameshwar`s associates, they said.
Another FIR was registered by Bholaram, an associate of Rameshwar, against Tiwari under SC/ST atrocities prevention act and other charges, they said.
Police is probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP