Former SP MLA son booked for demanding money from
Ballia: An FIR has been registered against the son of a former SP MLA for allegedly demanding money from a contractor and beating him, police said on Friday.
Rameshwar Pandey, who is a block head and son of former Samajwadi Party MLA Sanatan Pandey, allegedly demanded money and also thrashed contractor Manoj Tiwari yesterday, they said.
The FIR against Rameshwar was registered on complaint of Tiwari, they said.
The FIR also names five of Rameshwar`s associates, they said.
Another FIR was registered by Bholaram, an associate of Rameshwar, against Tiwari under SC/ST atrocities prevention act and other charges, they said.
Police is probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi