Former SP MLA son booked for demanding money from
Ballia: An FIR has been registered against the son of a former SP MLA for allegedly demanding money from a contractor and beating him, police said on Friday.
Rameshwar Pandey, who is a block head and son of former Samajwadi Party MLA Sanatan Pandey, allegedly demanded money and also thrashed contractor Manoj Tiwari yesterday, they said.
The FIR against Rameshwar was registered on complaint of Tiwari, they said.
The FIR also names five of Rameshwar`s associates, they said.
Another FIR was registered by Bholaram, an associate of Rameshwar, against Tiwari under SC/ST atrocities prevention act and other charges, they said.
Police is probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees