Former Team Anna member to launch front
Bijnor (UP): A Muslim leader, who was expelled from Team Anna after he allegedly recorded proceedings of its closed-door meeting, today said he will launch a front to fight against corruption.
"Corruption, terrorism and communalism are on the rise in the country. A new front, Bhartiya Jan Andolan, will be launched to fight against these," Mufti Shamoon Qasmi told reporters here.
He said members who had fallen out with Team Anna would be a part of this outfit, besides people from all social and economical classes.
Qasmi said he had learnt lessons from the "failure" of Team Anna`s movement and would ensure that his movement is a "people`s" movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends