Former UP chief secretary Neera Yadav gets bail
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has granted bail to former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Neera Yadav who was recently sentenced to three years` imprisonment by a special CBI court in a Noida land scam case.
In an order on December 05, Justice Mohd Tahir ruled that Yadav be released on bail "during the pendency of the appeal on her furnishing a personal bond and two sureties each of the like amount to the satisfaction of the court concerned".
The 1971 batch IAS officer, who retired from service in 2008, had moved the court with an application under Section 374 of the Criminal Procedure Code whereby she had challenged the order of the CBI court at Ghaziabad of November 20.
Admitting her application and granting her prayer for bail, the High Court summoned the lower court records with the direction that the appeal be listed for hearing "in due course".
Yadav had been charged with having allotted prime land to politicians, bureaucrats and businessmen close to her in the 1990s, when she was the Chairman and CEO of Noida, in violation of norms.
She was made the chief secretary by the then chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav in 2005, notwithstanding the CBI inquiry pending against her, which evoked an outcry.
Later, a Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court led to her removal from the top post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday