Former UP minister, 25 others booked on charges of assault
Amethi: An FIR was on Friday lodged against former UP minister and 25 others in connection with alleged assault and criminal conspiracy.
Rajya Sabha member Sanjay Singh`s son Anant Vikram Singh lodged an FIR against Amita Singh and 25 others, including her personal secretary Ramraj Mishra, at Amethi police station under various sections of the IPC, Additional Superintendent of Police Munna Lal said.
According to police, Anant had come to his ancestral house where his driver, whom he had asked to fetch milk, was beaten by some persons.
Anant said that when he tried to intervene, the attackers manhandled him too.
Local rushed to the spot after Anant`s sister Sabya raised an alarm and chased the assaulters, who manged to flee from the spot.
A case against Amita has been lodged under section 120B (criminal conspiracy), Munna Lal said.
He said that 25 others, including Ramraj, his son Bhaskar, Yogendra Tiwari, Shivakant, Om Prakash, Suresh Singh, Santosh Singh, Arvind, Haseemuddin, Nagraj, Pramod Kumar Mishra, Manoj Singh and 15 unidentified persons have been booked under various sections of the IPC.
The ASP said that an inquiry would be conducted into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!