Former UP minister booked in DA case
Azamgarh: A minister in the previous Mayawati regime in Uttar Pradesh was on Thursday booked here in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
An FIR was lodged against Chandradeo Ram Yadav, small scale industry minister in Mayawati cabinet, by the state vigilance department, SP Arvind Sen said.
The case was lodged at Mubarakpur police station.
Charges of amassing assets through illegal means against Yadav were found prima facie correct by the state Lokayukta, after which the vigilance department had sought permission to initiate proceedings against the former minister.
Yadav, along with another BSP minister Rangnath Mishra, is also accused in the multi-crore rupees LACCFED scam involving government funds meant for construction of various government buildings during 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...