Former UP minister booked in DA case
Azamgarh: A minister in the previous Mayawati regime in Uttar Pradesh was on Thursday booked here in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
An FIR was lodged against Chandradeo Ram Yadav, small scale industry minister in Mayawati cabinet, by the state vigilance department, SP Arvind Sen said.
The case was lodged at Mubarakpur police station.
Charges of amassing assets through illegal means against Yadav were found prima facie correct by the state Lokayukta, after which the vigilance department had sought permission to initiate proceedings against the former minister.
Yadav, along with another BSP minister Rangnath Mishra, is also accused in the multi-crore rupees LACCFED scam involving government funds meant for construction of various government buildings during 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey