Former UP minister booked in DA case
Azamgarh: A minister in the previous Mayawati regime in Uttar Pradesh was on Thursday booked here in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
An FIR was lodged against Chandradeo Ram Yadav, small scale industry minister in Mayawati cabinet, by the state vigilance department, SP Arvind Sen said.
The case was lodged at Mubarakpur police station.
Charges of amassing assets through illegal means against Yadav were found prima facie correct by the state Lokayukta, after which the vigilance department had sought permission to initiate proceedings against the former minister.
Yadav, along with another BSP minister Rangnath Mishra, is also accused in the multi-crore rupees LACCFED scam involving government funds meant for construction of various government buildings during 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- GST rate on processed foods should be low or zero: CII
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill