Former UP minister booked in DA case
Azamgarh: A minister in the previous Mayawati regime in Uttar Pradesh was on Thursday booked here in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
An FIR was lodged against Chandradeo Ram Yadav, small scale industry minister in Mayawati cabinet, by the state vigilance department, SP Arvind Sen said.
The case was lodged at Mubarakpur police station.
Charges of amassing assets through illegal means against Yadav were found prima facie correct by the state Lokayukta, after which the vigilance department had sought permission to initiate proceedings against the former minister.
Yadav, along with another BSP minister Rangnath Mishra, is also accused in the multi-crore rupees LACCFED scam involving government funds meant for construction of various government buildings during 2010-11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city