Former Uttar Pradesh MLA passes away
Bahraich: A two-time former MLA from the Econa (reserved) Assembly Constituency died at the district hospital in Bahraich following prolonged illness, family sources said on Wednesday.
Former leader Bhagauti Prasad breathed his last on Tuesday at the district hospital after being shifted there from a nursing home.
The 70-year-old reportedly did not receive proper medical treatment during his ailment due to his poor financial condition, locals said.
He leaves behind his wife, three sons and a daughter.
Sources said expenses of taking the leader`s body to his native village at Madara was borne by the hospital.
Meanwhile, former BJP minister Daddan Misra and former MLC Subhash Tripathi said that the party was bearing all expenses for the leader`s last rites which are to be held later on Wednesday.
Prasad, considered an upright leader, was elected to Vidhan Sabha in 1967 and 1969 on a Bharatiya Jansangh ticket.
He, however, had to run a tea shop in his village to make ends meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium