Former Uttar Pradesh MLA passes away
Bahraich: A two-time former MLA from the Econa (reserved) Assembly Constituency died at the district hospital in Bahraich following prolonged illness, family sources said on Wednesday.
Former leader Bhagauti Prasad breathed his last on Tuesday at the district hospital after being shifted there from a nursing home.
The 70-year-old reportedly did not receive proper medical treatment during his ailment due to his poor financial condition, locals said.
He leaves behind his wife, three sons and a daughter.
Sources said expenses of taking the leader`s body to his native village at Madara was borne by the hospital.
Meanwhile, former BJP minister Daddan Misra and former MLC Subhash Tripathi said that the party was bearing all expenses for the leader`s last rites which are to be held later on Wednesday.
Prasad, considered an upright leader, was elected to Vidhan Sabha in 1967 and 1969 on a Bharatiya Jansangh ticket.
He, however, had to run a tea shop in his village to make ends meet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living