Former Uttar Pradesh MLA passes away
Bahraich: A two-time former MLA from the Econa (reserved) Assembly Constituency died at the district hospital in Bahraich following prolonged illness, family sources said on Wednesday.
Former leader Bhagauti Prasad breathed his last on Tuesday at the district hospital after being shifted there from a nursing home.
The 70-year-old reportedly did not receive proper medical treatment during his ailment due to his poor financial condition, locals said.
He leaves behind his wife, three sons and a daughter.
Sources said expenses of taking the leader`s body to his native village at Madara was borne by the hospital.
Meanwhile, former BJP minister Daddan Misra and former MLC Subhash Tripathi said that the party was bearing all expenses for the leader`s last rites which are to be held later on Wednesday.
Prasad, considered an upright leader, was elected to Vidhan Sabha in 1967 and 1969 on a Bharatiya Jansangh ticket.
He, however, had to run a tea shop in his village to make ends meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you