Former village head rapes minor
Basti: A 60-year-old former village head allegedly raped a minor girl in Gaura Pandey village of the district, police said on Monday.
Sriram Pandey alias Jhinkun called the girl, a labourer, on the pretext of paying her wages and then raped her on January 27.
Later the girl informed her parents about the incident and an FIR in this regard was registered against Pandey yesterday, they said.
The police has launched a manhunt to nab the accused, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre launched in India at starting price of Rs 3.82 lakh
- PM Modi promises Centre's support to flood-hit states
- Sushma Swaraj in Myanmar; to hold talks with Suu Kyi
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena