Former village head rapes minor
Basti: A 60-year-old former village head allegedly raped a minor girl in Gaura Pandey village of the district, police said on Monday.
Sriram Pandey alias Jhinkun called the girl, a labourer, on the pretext of paying her wages and then raped her on January 27.
Later the girl informed her parents about the incident and an FIR in this regard was registered against Pandey yesterday, they said.
The police has launched a manhunt to nab the accused, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan