Former village head rapes minor
Basti: A 60-year-old former village head allegedly raped a minor girl in Gaura Pandey village of the district, police said on Monday.
Sriram Pandey alias Jhinkun called the girl, a labourer, on the pretext of paying her wages and then raped her on January 27.
Later the girl informed her parents about the incident and an FIR in this regard was registered against Pandey yesterday, they said.
The police has launched a manhunt to nab the accused, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise