Former village head rapes minor
Basti: A 60-year-old former village head allegedly raped a minor girl in Gaura Pandey village of the district, police said on Monday.
Sriram Pandey alias Jhinkun called the girl, a labourer, on the pretext of paying her wages and then raped her on January 27.
Later the girl informed her parents about the incident and an FIR in this regard was registered against Pandey yesterday, they said.
The police has launched a manhunt to nab the accused, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?