Formula one fans consumed 1.15 lakh bottles of beer
Noida: Excise Department on Wednesday claimed that during the three-day Formula one event, the game enthusiast consumed 1.15 lakh bottles of beer, which was more than double the consumption during last year event.
"This year during the three days of Formula one, 1.15 lakh bottles of beers were consumed by the fans at various liquor outlets who had got licences for the event," said Kuldeep Yadav, District Excise Officer.
"This year beer consumption was more than double the last year`s consumption. Last year beer consumption was 50,000 bottles," the officer said.
Excise Duty collected from the beer sale this year was Rs 42 lakh against Rs 16 lakh last year, he said.
Foreign liquor consumption was 11,000 bottles against last year`s consumption of 10,000 bottles, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI