Formula one fans consumed 1.15 lakh bottles of beer
Noida: Excise Department on Wednesday claimed that during the three-day Formula one event, the game enthusiast consumed 1.15 lakh bottles of beer, which was more than double the consumption during last year event.
"This year during the three days of Formula one, 1.15 lakh bottles of beers were consumed by the fans at various liquor outlets who had got licences for the event," said Kuldeep Yadav, District Excise Officer.
"This year beer consumption was more than double the last year`s consumption. Last year beer consumption was 50,000 bottles," the officer said.
Excise Duty collected from the beer sale this year was Rs 42 lakh against Rs 16 lakh last year, he said.
Foreign liquor consumption was 11,000 bottles against last year`s consumption of 10,000 bottles, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje