Four accused in health dept scam remanded to police custody
Lucknow: Four persons, arrested in
connection with alleged financial irregularities in Family
Welfare and Health department, were today remanded to two days
of police custody, officials said.
Four employees -- Dinesh Singh, Sanjay Anand, Gauri
Shankar Singh and Ravindra Bahadur Singh have been taken on 48
hours police remand this morning, they said.
Special Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Intikhab
Alam had yesterday ordered to give them on police remand.
The officials said that remand of these accused were
necessary for recovery of some important documents related to
financial anomalies and elicit more information from them
about the case.
Large scale financial irregularities were detected in
Health and Family Welfare department during investigations in
CMO family welfare B P Singh murder case. Singh was shot dead
by two motorcycle-borne persons in Gomti Nagar area on April
Health Minister Anant Kumar Mishra and Family Welfare
Minister Babu Singh Khushwaha had also resigned taking moral
responsibility of financial irregularities in their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy