Four accused in health dept scam remanded to police custody
Lucknow: Four persons, arrested in
connection with alleged financial irregularities in Family
Welfare and Health department, were today remanded to two days
of police custody, officials said.
Four employees -- Dinesh Singh, Sanjay Anand, Gauri
Shankar Singh and Ravindra Bahadur Singh have been taken on 48
hours police remand this morning, they said.
Special Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Intikhab
Alam had yesterday ordered to give them on police remand.
The officials said that remand of these accused were
necessary for recovery of some important documents related to
financial anomalies and elicit more information from them
about the case.
Large scale financial irregularities were detected in
Health and Family Welfare department during investigations in
CMO family welfare B P Singh murder case. Singh was shot dead
by two motorcycle-borne persons in Gomti Nagar area on April
Health Minister Anant Kumar Mishra and Family Welfare
Minister Babu Singh Khushwaha had also resigned taking moral
responsibility of financial irregularities in their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88