Four-and-a-half CMs running UP: BSP leader
Azamgarh: Senior BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui on Monday alleged that the law-and-order situation of Uttar Pradesh has not improved as there are "more than one power centres" in the state.
"There is not one Chief Minister but four-and-a-half chief ministers who are running the state and so the law and order situation cannot improve," Siddiqui, who was here to attend the review meeting of party leaders and workers of the district, told reporters here.
"According to me, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Ram Gopal Yadav, Shivpal Singh Yadav and Azam Khan are the four chief ministers while Akhilesh Yadav just accounts for half... When there are so many chief ministers, how can the law-and-order situation be improved?," Siddiqui asked.
"These days one slogan has become very popular `jo jitna bada apradhi wohi Samajwadi` and the government seems to have surrendered before the criminals," he said, adding that the SP leaders interfere in all issues and demoralise the police force.
The BSP leader said that despite promising 18 percent reservation to Muslims and including 17 most backward castes in the SC list, the state government is now saying that it can be done only by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?