Four-and-a-half CMs running UP: BSP leader
Azamgarh: Senior BSP leader Naseemuddin Siddiqui on Monday alleged that the law-and-order situation of Uttar Pradesh has not improved as there are "more than one power centres" in the state.
"There is not one Chief Minister but four-and-a-half chief ministers who are running the state and so the law and order situation cannot improve," Siddiqui, who was here to attend the review meeting of party leaders and workers of the district, told reporters here.
"According to me, Mulayam Singh Yadav, Ram Gopal Yadav, Shivpal Singh Yadav and Azam Khan are the four chief ministers while Akhilesh Yadav just accounts for half... When there are so many chief ministers, how can the law-and-order situation be improved?," Siddiqui asked.
"These days one slogan has become very popular `jo jitna bada apradhi wohi Samajwadi` and the government seems to have surrendered before the criminals," he said, adding that the SP leaders interfere in all issues and demoralise the police force.
The BSP leader said that despite promising 18 percent reservation to Muslims and including 17 most backward castes in the SC list, the state government is now saying that it can be done only by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015