Four arrested for abduction in UP
Lakhimpur (UP): Four persons have been arrested from Pathananpurwa village for allegedly abducting two men and demanding a ransom of Rs 5 lakh for their release.
Mukaddam, Arif, Munne and Ishtiyaq abducted retired PAC personnel Devendra Singh and his friend Sarvesh from Nighasan on December 1 on the pretext of selling them mysterious `nagmani` and `twin-mouthed` snake, police said.
The abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 5 lakh in exchange for the release of the duo.
When they expressed their inability to pay such a hefty amount on the spot, the four agreed to send Devendra back to his native Badaun district on Dec 6 but on the condition that his friend Sarvesh would be held captive till the payment was made, police said.
Devendra narrated the incident to his family members, who in turn intimated Additional Superintendent (ASP) of Police Saumitra Yadav.
The accused were yesterday nabbed with the help of Devendra, whom two police teams had followed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'