Four arrested for abduction in UP
Lakhimpur (UP): Four persons have been arrested from Pathananpurwa village for allegedly abducting two men and demanding a ransom of Rs 5 lakh for their release.
Mukaddam, Arif, Munne and Ishtiyaq abducted retired PAC personnel Devendra Singh and his friend Sarvesh from Nighasan on December 1 on the pretext of selling them mysterious `nagmani` and `twin-mouthed` snake, police said.
The abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 5 lakh in exchange for the release of the duo.
When they expressed their inability to pay such a hefty amount on the spot, the four agreed to send Devendra back to his native Badaun district on Dec 6 but on the condition that his friend Sarvesh would be held captive till the payment was made, police said.
Devendra narrated the incident to his family members, who in turn intimated Additional Superintendent (ASP) of Police Saumitra Yadav.
The accused were yesterday nabbed with the help of Devendra, whom two police teams had followed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj