Four arrested for killing of BJP MLA`s son
Gonda: Four persons, including a nursing home owner, were on Saturday arrested for the killing of BJP MLA Bawan Singh`s son Gaurav Singh, a senior officer said here.
Dr Rajesh Pandey, Chandra Mohan Tiwari, Awadhesh Pandey and Vishwas Tiwari were arrested by a police team from Dhanepur area this morning, Deputy Superintendent of Police Purnendu Singh told reporters here.
Two other accused - Pawan Mishra was arrested earlier, while the other Suresh Kumar Pandey alias Babloo was undergoing treatment in Lucknow in police custody, Singh said.
Dr Pandey runs RN Pandey hospital where the shootout took place.
Gaurav, son of the BJP MLA from Katra Bazar, was killed and a private security guard injured when two parties exchanged fire in Kotwali area in Gonda district on May 8.
The incident occurred when Gaurav alias Sonu had gone to the nursing home for some work, IG BP Singh told reporters in Lucknow.
He said that Sonu had a dispute with the nursing home`s guard over parking of his vehicle.
Later to talk about some patient Sonu went inside the nursing home where another altercation followed when the guard also reached the spot, the IG said.
The situation turned ugly when both the parties exchanged fire in which Sonu and Babloo were injured.
While Sonu was referred to a trauma centre in Lucknow, Babloo was admitted to a private nursing home, police said.
The DSP also said that Sonu died on way to Lucknow and the condition of the guard was stated to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video